Skiing, Party or cosy evenings at the fireplace: What to pack for a Christmas holiday in a winter destination? I’ll spend some days in St. Moritz in Switzerland this year. My packing list? Slightly fancy, but always classy – to switch between the slopes to the restaurants very easily. Here are some of my favorite things to wear for the famous locations in St. Moritz.
- Everyone who has been to St. Moritz, knows that it’s not only about having the newest equipment, but also the most stylish one. ‘Ünique Skis’, the young brand from Vienna, is the newest hype in the skiing world. You can customize your own ski in their online store from the material to the design.
- When you are looking for the ideal skiing outfit for your new customized skis check out one of our all-time-favorite-brand: ‘Sportalm Kitzbühel’. High quality to fight the cold with a cool combination of colours you will always look good on all the skiing slopes and in the skiing huts like ‘Alpina Hütte’ or ‘Restaurant Trutz’.
- You want to enjoy a nice stroll in St. Moritz Dorf and enjoy a delicious cake at ‘Confiserie Hanselmann’ – then you need the UGG Classic Mini which was co-designed by Alexa Chung. Not only are they extremely comfortable, but also a little cuter than the original UGG boots because of their smaller design.
- Ready for the evening? No matter how much snow there is – the motto in St. Moritz is always ‘dress to impress’. Therefore, you need the perfect dress. My ultimate favorite is from the british brand ‘Self-Portrait’ with fancy cutouts. First start with pre-drinks at the so-called Mario’s Bar in the Badrutt’s Palace Hotel and dinner at ‘Chesa Veglia’. If you are still up for dancing afterwards, the dress also suits perfectly to the famous ‘Dracula Club’.
- So what about shoes for the evening? Don’t even think about comfortable flat shoes. My favorite: The fluffy heels from Salvatore Ferragamo with a t-strap. They fit perfectly to the Self-Portrait dress and with their broader heel they are stable enough to dance all night at ‘Dracula Club’.
- A last-minute touch-up when you are in a hurry? The glitter clutch from Karl Lagerfeld. It fits to anything: If you decide to keep it casual with jeans or dress up to go out. Since the Clutch is already very colourful and an eye catcher – keep it simple with your outfit don’t go to crazy. But if you like to go challenge the glitter crowd in the clubs: Add the ‘Allegra’ earrings from De Grisogono. Since they are very sparkly and suit the St Moritz flair.
- But what to wear on a daily base? You can never go wrong with sneakers from Santoni – even though they are still eye-catching with their fury details- in combination with a cardigan from Brunello Cucinelli and cat eye sunglasses from Stella McCartney you are set for St. Moritz. In this combination you can show your face everywhere – if you want to go for a delicious hot chocolate to ‘Suvretta House’ or enjoy a beautiful walk to the restaurant ‘Waldhaus am See’ at the lake of St. Moritz. With these three basics you’re always set.